The right combination of sweet and tangy as well as the meat’s melt-in-the mouth tenderness are what will make this steak recipe a favorite in your household. What’s more, this rich and flavorful barbecue dish is so versatile, it’s easy to make it your own.
You can adjust the cooking time according to your preferred doneness or add other vegetables like tomatoes, zucchini, and eggplant. You can even add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper if you like things hot. Serve with fries, rice, green salad, or baked potato, this barbecue steak is perfect for either indoor or outdoor dining.
Yields: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1/4 pound steak
Preparation & Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pound skirt steak, trimmed
- 2 medium onions, sliced into rings
- Fresh parsley leaves, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your grill to medium high.
- In a saucepan over low heat, warm the honey for one minute.
- Remove from the stove.
- Add a tablespoon of the olive oil and mix.
- Mix in the salt, pepper and paprika.
- Coat both sides of the steak generously with this mixture.
- Coat the onion rings with the remaining oil and pepper.
- Place the steak and onion rings on the grill. Grill for 12 minutes.
- Put on a chopping board and let rest for about five minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the onion rings and parsley.
- Grill only for six to eight minutes if you want your steak medium rare.