One of the many advantages of rotisserie cooking is that meats are generally juicier because they cook slowly and they baste in their own juices. Beef roast is ideal for this type of barbecuing, especially in the summer. This versatile dish pairs well with just about any side, including baked beans, cornbread, mac and cheese, as well as grilled corn. Don’t worry if you don’t have a rotisserie, though. You can cook the beef roast on any grill as long as you apply indirect heat.
Yields: 10 servings
Serving Size: 1/2 pound beef roast
Preparation & Cooking Time: 5 hours & 20 minutes
- 5 pounds boneless rump roast
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your rotisserie grill.
- Slice small slits on the sides of the rump roast.
- Insert slices of garlic into the slits.
- Combine the paprika, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Use this to rub all sides of the roast.
- Cook the rump roast in the rotisserie for up to five hours.
- Minimum internal temperature should reach 145 degrees F.
- Let the roast cool for about 20 minutes before slicing and serving.