The classic combination of lemon and garlic elevates the simple roast chicken to something that’s a little more special. Make this recipe for a Sunday dinner with the family or when you have guests coming over at any time of the week. To ensure that you have a perfectly moist roast bird every time, don’t forget to rest the meat before carving it.
If your rotisserie has enough space, cook an extra chicken as this provides another opportunity for you to get ahead of meal prep for the coming week. Wouldn’t it be nice to have the basics of a chicken sandwich or a chicken salad already in your fridge? That way, you know you won’t get hungry even if your schedule doesn’t give you much time to cook.
Yields: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 to 2 pieces chicken portion
Preparation & Cooking Time: 1 hour & 45 minutes
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 quart cold water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Mix the vegetable oil, white wine, white vinegar, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the lemon juice and water.
- Soak the chicken in lemon water for 30 minutes.
- Rub the paste mixture all over the chicken. Massage to get mixture into the chicken and under the skin.
- Seal in a resealable plastic bag and put in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Prepare your rotisserie.
- Roast the chicken for one and a half hours at 300 degrees F.
- Internal temperature should read 175 degrees F.
- Place chicken on a chopping board. Let it rest for 12 minutes before carving.
- In a small bowl, mix mayo, mustard and lime juice.
- Serve chicken with this dipping sauce.